I watched so many Brady Bunch reruns in the 70’s and 80’s that I never need to watch the show again but the cable provider Xfinity has a new ad that features a Brady Bunch song.
Now you’ll also have this song stuck in your head for the next 48 hours too.
First the ad, then the original
Seize the Summer – Xfinity
Sunshine Day – The Brady Bunch
The great Thomas Sowell points out Obama’s dishonest portrayal of taxation…
In a recent panel discussion on poverty at Georgetown University, President Barack Obama gave another demonstration of his mastery of rhetoric — and disregard of reality.
One of the ways of fighting poverty, he proposed, was to “ask from society’s lottery winners” that they make a “modest investment” in government programs to help the poor.
Since free speech is guaranteed to everyone by the First Amendment to the Constitution, there is nothing to prevent anybody from asking anything from anybody else. But the federal government does not just “ask” for money. It takes the money it wants in taxes, usually before the people who have earned it see their paychecks.
Despite pious rhetoric on the left about “asking” the more fortunate for more money, the government does not “ask” anything. It seizes what it wants by force. If you don’t pay up, it can take not only your paycheck, it can seize your bank account, put a lien on your home and/or put you in federal prison.
So please don’t insult our intelligence by talking piously about “asking.”
For most Americans, Memorial Day is a time to remember fallen members of our armed forces.
The Democratic Party seems to think it’s about Obama eating ice cream.
Read reactions at Twitchy.
UPDATE: Kudos to Jake Tapper…
Hillary Clinton recently forgot she was in New Hampshire. I seem to remember the left making lots of jokes about John McCain’s age in 2008. How about now?
Via the Weekly Standard…
Hillary Forgets She’s in New Hampshire: ‘Here in Washington’
Hillary Clinton misstated her location at a campaign event today in New Hampshire. Instead of saying New Hampshire, the presidential candidate said, “Here in Washington.”
It was Murals and Mattresses Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
A shocking story from Marquette University made headlines this week.
- Marquette University Honors Cop Killer With Mural
- Public Outrage Causes Marquette University to Remove Mural of Cop Killer
- Marquette Fires Official Who Greenlit Cop-Killer Mural
The other story that dominated the news was the ‘Mattress Girl’ of Columbia.
- Mattress Girl Brings Mattress to Columbia University Graduation
- Posters Appear Around Columbia Calling Mattress Girl Emma Sulkowicz ‘Pretty Little Liar’
- Columbia ‘Mattress Girl’ saga continues as another allegation is toast
There was no shortage of leftism in other corners of academia this week.
- College Diversity Officer Could be Fired for Tweeting ‘Kill all White Men’
- Arizona State Students Say ‘Walk Only’ Zones Are Ableist
- Bill Nye Gets $35K to Talk to Rutgers Students About Global Warming
There was also a strange incident at Kennesaw State.
- Kennesaw State Student Accused of Harassment While Waiting for an Advisor
- Kennesaw State Adviser Who Accused Student of Harassment Placed on Leave
No surprises here.
- Bernie Sanders Introduces Free College Tuition Bill
- Bernie Sanders’ Free College Tuition Plan Won’t Work
Since we have an election coming up…
Compare and contrast.
- Washington Post Says Conservatives Give Better Commencement Speeches Than Liberals
- Did Pres. G. W. Bush Give the Best Commencement Speech Ever?
I’m in the wrong business.
- Former Yale President Gets $8.5 Million Payout
- Smallest Ivy League School’s Current and Former Leaders Make Big Money
Watch out for those wacky professors.
- Prof’s Workshop Taught in High Schools Teaches Students to Support Hamas
- Northeastern Prof Worried That Tsarnaev Execution Will Be Expensive
- U. Texas at Austin Prof Says Americans are ‘Unable to Handle Gun Ownership’
Higher ed bubble update.
- Ohio State’s Largest College Has $10 Million Budget Gap
- Entire Class Drops Out of University of Southern California MFA Program
- Grim Job Prospects Await the Class of 2015
Who needs the Ivy League?
- Columbia Student Complains About Going to An Ivy League School
- Student Accepted to All Ivy League Schools Chooses University of Alabama
No one was surprised but them.
There are so many great songs that I just picked a bunch at random.
There are more below.
On the Friday of a holiday weekend, of course.
I can’t help but notice that the Washington Post and the New York Times aren’t asking their readers to help them crowdsource these emails.
Look at what The Blaze found…
Nearly 300 New Hillary Emails Released — and They Confirm She Received Now-Classified Info on Private Email
The State Department released the first batch of emails from Hillary Rodham Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state on Friday, offering additional insight into how she reacted to the deadly attack on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi.
Spokeswoman Marie Harf said publication includes 296 emails given to a House committee investigating the 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya.
Quick! Someone find a YouTube user to blame…
If you’re a member of Generation X, you know this 1985 classic. To those who haven’t seen it, enjoy.
Watch it all below.
The message being sent here is that Christians can’t win, no matter what they do.
How is that fair? Short answer: It isn’t…
Heads LGBTs Win, Tails Christians Lose
So, a Canadian Christian jeweler custom-made a pair of engagement rings for a lesbian couple, Nicole White and Pam Renouf, at their request. Later, when they found out that the jeweler personally opposes same-sex marriage, they went to pieces and demanded their money back. From the CBC’s report:
“They were great to work with. They seemed to have no issues. They knew the two of us were a same-sex couple,” White said.
“I referred some of my friends to them, just because I did get some good customer service and they had good prices.”
That was before one friend went in to purchase a ring for his girlfriend — and instead found a distressing sign.
It reads: “The sanctity of marriage is under attack. Let’s keep marriage between a man and a woman.”
The couple now believes the rings they ordered will have been tainted by having been fashioned by jeweler Esau Jardon’s hands, given what impure thoughts he holds in his mind.
The guy made the rings and did it well but that’s not good enough?
Dear gay marriage activists…
People are starting to notice that it’s never good enough.
This shouldn’t be surprising. Marco Rubio is younger and fresher than Hillary. He also carries the historic first quality that Democrats think they own. Oh, and also…Florida.
The New York Times reported…
Prospect of Hillary Clinton-Marco Rubio Matchup Unnerves Democrats
They use words like “historic” and “charismatic,” phrases like “great potential” and “million-dollar smile.” They notice audience members moved to tears by an American-dream-come-true success story. When they look at the cold, hard political math, they get uneasy.
An incipient sense of anxiety is tugging at some Democrats — a feeling tersely captured in four words from a blog post written recently by a seasoned party strategist in Florida: “Marco Rubio scares me.”
What is so unnerving to them at this early phase of the 2016 presidential campaign still seems, at worst, a distant danger: the prospect of a head-to-head general-election contest between Mr. Rubio, the Republican senator from Florida, and Hillary Rodham Clinton.
On a related note, Marco Rubio has a new supporter. Rick Harrison of Pawn Stars is a big fan.
I hate most reality TV but I’ve always liked Pawn Stars and Harrison.