If you read this blog, you know I’m a fan of horror films. This new movie The Witch blew away the Sundance Film Festival and is generating a lot of buzz among horror fans.
The basic storyline: In Massachusetts, years before the Salem Witch Trials, a family is exiled because the father is too pious for the Puritans. At their new homestead near a dark forest, their infant son goes missing, the eldest daughter is scapegoated and all Hell breaks loose.
The details of the story have been well guarded but I’ll tell you this: Unlike the Blair Witch Project, this movie has an actual witch. You can see her briefly at the end of the trailer.
According to the IMDB message boards, the ending of the movie is mind blowing.
I’ve watched the trailer like 30 times. It’s that good.
I just took a week off from blogging here. It’s the longest I’ve gone without blogging here in years.
As you may know, I’m doing a bit more blogging these days and August was a busy month.
I did some filling in at Legal Insurrection and College Insurrection, plus I’ve been adding more daily posts to Progressives Today.
As a result, my schedule has been pretty full.
Even so, I still plan to add new content here when I can, even if it’s just a post or two a day.
As always, thanks for reading and please visit the other sites I write for:
If this actually happens, three things will immediately become apparent.
1. Hillary Clinton is finished.
Progressive activists who make up the base of the Democratic Party will go nuts for this ticket. Hillary Clinton, who is already damaged goods, will lose tons of support.
2. Bernie who?
Bernie Sanders has been nothing more than a stand-in for Elizabeth Warren. If she’s in the running, 99 percent of the people who are flocking to Bernie Sanders rallies will drop him instantly and throw their support behind Warren. The Bernie Sanders campaign will become a speed bump in the road to 2016 overnight.
3. The media will have a collective orgasm.
If Biden and Warren run together, the media will revert to the cult-like coverage they gave to Obama in 2008. Biden’s gaffes will become endearing and folksy. Any mention of Warren’s lies about being a Native American will be declared racist and sexist.
You should read Professor Jacobson’s take on this at Legal Insurrection.
It was Sensitive Snowflakes Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
Imagine if we based free expression on logic instead of people’s feelings.
- Why Do College Kids Demand Censorship?
- Chapman University President Says ‘Free speech is not about being sensitive’
Maybe people wouldn’t freak out over little things.
- Alabama Sorority Video Attacked for Being Worse for Women Than Donald Trump
- Gorgeous Sorority Girls Frolicking in Bikinis Shouldn’t be a Problem in America
Really little things.
- Santa Clara University Students Told to Call 911 Over Incidents of Bias
- Henderson State University’s Ban on Saggy Pants is Called Racist
Schools are finding creative ways to deal with the higher ed bubble.
- Should This College Change its Name for $20 Million?
- Purdue University Suggests Selling Shares of Students’ Future Income
- Indiana University Scores $53 Million Deal with Adidas
Students are finding ways to cut costs too.
- This College Student is Living in a 96-Square-Foot Solar-Powered House
- Cost of Room and Board is Forcing Some California Students Off Campus
Dennis Prager is asking the important questions.
Compare and contrast.
- University of Alaska Has a Loophole for Proving Sexual Consent
- Felony Charges for U. Arkansas Student Who Made Up Sexual-Assault Claims
- Northwestern Dismisses Harassment Claim From Male Student
A mystery revealed.
Want to feel old?
- Beloit Releases Annual Mind-Set List of What Freshmen Know and Don’t Know
- Generation Gap: Incoming Freshman Haven’t Licked a Stamp
Presidential politics on campus.
- Should Donald Trump Release His College Transcripts?
- Hillary Clinton Thinks Online Learning Lacks Integrity
- Rand Paul Goes After the College Vote
Some students just don’t test well.
- Illinois Just Made it Easier for AP Test Takers to Receive College Credit
- California Students Who Didn’t Pass State Exit Exam Accepted to Colleges Anyway
Putting the high in higher education.
Ziggy Stardust 101.
Shaun King of the Daily Kos and #BlackLivesMatter is carrying on the proud Democrat tradition of misrepresenting one’s race for power and political gain.
Why not? Elizabeth Warren and Rachel Dolezal did it.
How bad has Hillary’s email scandal become? This bad.
Hillary thinks she’s such an inevitability for the Democratic nomination that she’s not even prepared for basic questions on the subject of her emails now that the media is finally taking real notice.
Ace has found himself beyond words over this.
Professor Jacobson of Legal Insurrection calls it “Bad. Really bad.”
I’m inclined to agree with Jazz Shaw…
Earth to Democrats: Your presumed nominee for 2016 is being investigated by the FBI.
Is this really an appropriate subject for jokes?
It’s almost like…
If you own a TV and sometimes watch it, you’ve seen this annoying commercial. A father and daughter who apparently share a competitive golf hobby trade barbs over breakfast.
I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate this commercial. I hate the actors, the premise, the dialogue and the watered down version of KC and the Sunshine Band’s “Boogie Shoes” playing in the background.
I’ve heard that if a song is stuck in your head, you should sing it out loud.
Here’s the original tune…