Whoever Was in Charge of Jindal’s Appearance Tonight Should be Fired
Post Obama’s big address to congress, I looked forward to Governor Jindal’s rebuttal speech.
1. The audio sucked and continually cut out (on FOX News).
2. His speech was rushed and seemed to contain too many talking points.
3. The setting of a dark hallway was a bad choice.
4. The speech was too apologetic.
5. “Americans can do anything” although true, was repeated too many times.
Whoever was the official handler for this appearance should be fired. Permanently.
I’ve seen Jindal speak off the cuff in news interviews where he was far more eloquent and confident than he seemed tonight. What did the RNC do, transfer the same dopes who held back Sarah Palin’s brilliance to the Louisiana Governor’s mansion?
If Republicans want to make a comeback in 2010, with the support of conservative Libertarians, Blue Dogs and PUMAs, Michael Steele had better make swift work of separating the chaff from the hay.
Jindal’s speech tonight was less an inspiration of the future and more a painful reminder of team McCain’s restraint of Sarah Palin’s brightness.
Get it together guys. We don’t want eight years of Obama.
UPDATE: I’m glad to know Allahpundit at Hot Air agrees.