Skip to content

5 People FOX News Should Kick to the Curb

November 28, 2012

This post is a follow up piece to: The 5 Best Guest Hosts on FOX News.

Here are five people FOX News should usher to the exits as quickly as possible.

Like the post linked above, this is just my personal opinion.

5. Alan Colmes
I’ve heard that Alan and Sean Hannity are still good friends and I think that’s great. Even so, I don’t care what Alan Colmes thinks about national politics.

4. Tamara Holder
Ms. Holder is often a guest on the Hannity show to make the case for liberal positions on political issues. That wouldn’t bother me if she wasn’t such a blithering idiot.

3. Dr. Marc Lamont Hill
Dr. Hill is a frequent guest on the O’Reilly Factor and Bill always disagrees with him. I understand that Hill is on the set to be a foil for Bill but couldn’t the show’s producers find someone less annoying?

2. Bob Beckel
I know that all of Bob Beckel’s co-hosts on The Five probably think he’s a great guy if you know him personally and maybe he is. That doesn’t change the fact that he often slips up and says something incredibly offensive.

1. Juan Williams
I used to defend Juan Williams. Now I don’t. Juan used to make an effort to seem impartial but in the age of Obama he is all for the establishment all the time. Why do I need to hear your opinion when I know what it is before you say it?

About these ads
18 Comments leave one →
  1. Noelle McGrath DePaula permalink
    November 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Oh please please please please kick these odious, weasely, mind-numbingly dumb five Fox offenders to the curb. Heartily concur!

2. KLSmith permalink
    November 29, 2012 2:47 am

Amen!

3. Andria Dillen permalink
    November 29, 2012 10:16 am

I agree with you 100 percent.May I add one more,Gemu Green.

4. Andrea Greer permalink
    November 30, 2012 4:54 pm

I would add Geraldo Rivera.

• November 30, 2012 6:49 pm

I considered putting him on the list, Andrea. Good call!

5. November 30, 2012 9:34 pm

Great piece, Aleister!!! I find Beckel more atrocious — given his blatantly sexist comments that lefties allow to pass unchallenged.

6. December 8, 2012 12:50 pm

What about hysterical (in the dictionary sense) Geraldo?

7. Schwing permalink
    December 8, 2012 2:39 pm

Well… These are all the liberals. I think the quality of Fox is in part because they allow the opposing side air time. The challange is getting a Liberal who can make their case reasonably, and without perjuring themselves on a regular basis.

Juan Williams used to be that guy. Now he has indeed retired to backing the black guy despite what reason entails.

Mara ..something.. from NPR and on Brett Baiers panel is a quality Liberal.

The challange is that the Liberal “debate” on their side increasingly doesn’t get past mockingly dissmissive group think of Conservative positions. This will never perform in actual debate with a Conservative. The Fox Liberals do have a challange- if they adopt their sides talking points the quality of their argument goes in the crapper.

If you’re not a Liberal you’re not going to find answers on that side of the debate. However, Fox needs to keep identifying Liberals that do the hard work of independtly thinking and defending their positions. The quality of Beckels contribution is so low because you can sense he just spouts the party talking points, even if he doesn’t believe them. Juan Williams used to be substantive, but I’m afraid these guys get burned out (it’s tough to intellectually defend bad policy) and just reach for the Media Matters daily email blast. Alan Colmbs has never done anything but.

As to this article, I thought it would do the straight talk of calling out Fox contributors or employees from either side of the debate. There are a few doltish conservative leaning folks that I feel lower the quality of the broadcast, and for the same reasons above, little to no independent thought or investment. Top on my list at the moment would be the youngish guy, you’d probably call him handsome, I think his name is Bill something… Schwimmer? Brown hair, fresh faced, youngish guy. He’s got to go. Complete dolt, and almost annoyingly arrogant, like reading lines into a camera is an accomplishment. Smug. Walks all over the people he “interviews” with two left feet of incompetence.

8. Travis permalink
    December 8, 2012 5:57 pm

Dick Morris, Karl Rove, John Bolton (too predictable – “israel please attack Iran” without telling us how she is supposed to do it), Rick Santorum ( bore) ,and Sarah Palin (they pay her $1 million a year for what?).

9. December 9, 2012 8:55 am

Alan Colmes should be at number 1.

10. John Fembup permalink
    December 9, 2012 9:25 am

I disagree. It’s important to know what your opponents say. It’s important to be obliged to defend your own beliefs against people who really, really disagree with you.

Only Fox does anything like this. The other news organizations ignore people whose views differ from the opinions of their owners or editors or anchors. Not Fox. The way Fox works is not only educational – it’s entertaining. It’s a reason Fox is at the top.

These guys should stay on.

11. MassJim permalink
    December 9, 2012 2:47 pm

You miss the point. These five commentators are on FOX specifically because they serve to show how shallow, illiberal and intolerant the left has become. They all perform that task very well.

12. December 9, 2012 4:40 pm

Dick Morris would be number one on my list.

13. December 9, 2012 6:38 pm

I would say Sean Hannity. I am politically in agreement with him most of the time, but the guy is a lightweight. He leaves so many points on the field when debating liberals it’s just frustrating. And sorry it just bugs me when conservatives feel like they have to bend over backwards to show how reasonable they are, by showing all this deference to “Reverend” Sharpton and so on.

Trackbacks