Talk about the party of no ideas.
Liberals are angry about the success Conservatives have enjoyed at the state level. How are they going to win back seats? Are they going to offer new plans for the American people? Nope.
Meet the new strategy. Same as the old strategy.
Jason Russell of The Washington Examiner…
Liberal group plots to catch GOP state pols being racist and sexist
The leader of a group hoping to improve liberals’ fortunes at the state level revealed on Friday plans to start tracking conservative state legislators based on the assumption that “someone’s going to say something about black people” or women.
The comments came at the first ever conference of the State Innovation Exchange (SiX), the Left’s attempt to counter conservative policy successes that have followed Republican victories at the state level.
“We’re working with David Brock and Media Matters and American Bridge who have trackers that we can send out to monitor the debate on some bills that you all might be running,” Nick Rathod, executive director of SiX, said. “I think in many legislatures my understanding is that a lot of legislatures stream their floor debates but don’t necessarily transcribe it or capture it in any kind of way. And so we want to start capturing them on that. I think we know, someone’s going to say something about black people. Someone’s going to say something about women. Someone is going to say something.”
The worst part is that when someone “says something” it’ll be taken out of context and blown up.
You know the MSM will comply with this scheme, no questions asked.
A bunch of YouTube users did this and it’s pretty impressive. That’s a lot of angel costumes.
Watch it below.
In case you haven’t noticed, the Ferguson/Garner protests that are currently happening in various American cities is the Occupy Movement. It may have started out as something different but it’s now Occupy, right down to the language and tactics the protesters are using.
Buck Sexton of The Blaze…
Make No Mistake About It – These Anti-Cop Protests Are Occupy Wall Street All Over Again
Millions of Americans have seen the video, regardless of the legal issues, and it is heartbreaking to watch a man dying on camera who was not posing an immediate threat to anyone.
But now the complexity of the case has faded into the background. The mechanisms of outrage have taken over, there are demands for sweeping reform to police training, a federal investigation (with no legitimate basis) is under way, and accusations of the most vile racism are leveled at anyone who fails to join the chorus of fury.
None of this changes the facts. There is no evidence, none at all, that the Garner Grand Jury decision, or the Mike Brown decision before it, were racist, or that either death resulted from racial animus. And yet cries of racism- and the need for a revolution in this country to combat it- get louder every day.
Before we can address what these protestors really want- not just vague notions of “social justice” or “fairness” but what actually motivates them- first we have to address who they are.
The protest movement roiling cities across the country has a name, though they don’t refer to themselves with it. The agitators and organizers have rebranded themselves, but they are really just a new iteration of an old idea:
Occupy Wall Street.
It was Bad Metaphors Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
This professor might have been joking but conservatives are pretty tired of this stuff.
At least no one organized a protest to shut him down. Others weren’t so lucky.
- Protesters at UC Berkeley Shut Down Speech by PayPal Founder Peter Thiel
- Michigan State Students Go Nuts Over George Will Commencement Speech
- Michigan State Administration Stands Up to Student Protesters Demanding George Will’s Disinvitation
So, did you hear about Rolling Stone’s UVA rape story?
- UVA Student Paper Editor: “To let fact checking define the narrative would be a huge mistake”
- After Rolling Stone Retraction, More Campus Rape Stories Fall Apart Under Scrutiny
- UVA Refuses to Reinstate Fraternity Activities
Ferguson is still an issue on campus.
- Penn Students Crash University President’s Party, President Joins in their “Die-In”
- Cornell Prof Says Whites ‘Ready to Commit Race Suicide’ Over Ferguson
These are the lawyers of America’s future.
- Columbia Law School Lets Students Postpone Finals Over Distress of Brown and Garner Cases
- Harvard Law Students Can’t Handle Final Exams Because of Ferguson and Garner
- Harvard Law School Refuses to Reschedule Exams for “Traumatized” Students
And then there’s Berkeley.
- Now Berkeley Students Want Exam Delays Due to Ferguson Protests
- Liberal UC Berkeley Claims Exemption From Higher Minimum Wage
- Demonstrations at UC Berkeley Become Increasingly Violent
Having unions on campus is working out just great.
- Graduate Teaching Fellows on Strike at University of Oregon
- Catholic college administration rolls over for the SEIU
- Columbia Graduate Students are Organizing a Union
Sometimes there are consequences.
But usually it’s all leftism, all the time.
- Colorado college prof forces students to recite anti-American ‘pledge of allegiance’
- Smith College President Apologizes for Saying “All Lives Matter” Instead of “Black Lives Matter”
- Bowdoin College Students in Trouble for Dressing as Native Americans for Thanksgiving
- Authors of Sexual Assault Study: “We don’t think one in five is a nationally representative statistic.”
- New DOJ Data Suggests College Students Are Less Likely to be Assaulted
BDS activists take note.
From the office of student affairs.
My friend and part-time employer William Jacobson of Legal Insurrection appeared on Newsmax TV today to talk about the new backwards campus consent laws as well as the BDS movement’s paltry attempt to attach itself to the Ferguson riots.
Watch it all by clicking the image below.
Here’s a report you won’t be seeing on CNN, MSNBC or any of the three letter networks.
Maybe conservatives should start rioting about this, then the MSM would not only report it but be sympathetic.
Robert W. Wood of Forbes dropped this bombshell today…
Obama Justice Department Was Involved In IRS Targeting, Lerner Emails Reveal
Sadly, the 18 month investigation into the IRS targeting of conservative groups isn’t over, and it may be worse than anyone thought. A federal judge has broken loose more emails that the DOJ had surely hoped would never surface. The picture it reveals isn’t pretty. The documents prove that Lois Lerner met with DOJ’s Election Crimes Division a month before the 2010 elections.
It has to be embarrassing to the DOJ, which may not be the most impartial one to be investigating the IRS. In fact, the DOJ withheld over 800 pages of Lerner documents citing “taxpayer privacy” and “deliberative privilege.” Yet these internal DOJ documents show Ms. Lerner was talking to DOJ officials about prosecuting tax-exempt entities (yes, criminally!) two years before the IRS conceded there was inappropriate targeting.
Maybe this is why Lerner’s emails were so hard to obtain. Maybe.
I’ve been waiting four years for any group to do better than the Opera Company of Philadelphia.
No luck yet. Enjoy…