The Week in Review at College Insurrection
It was Due Process Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
There was some good news this week.
And there was some bad news this week.
There was also some predictable news this week.
- Defenders Say UCSB Prof Attacked Pro-Life Teen Because of Slavery
- Feminist Prof Who Attacked Pro-Life Teen Avoids Jail
Here’s a video of the incident in case you missed it.
Here are a few other crazy odds and ends.
- Teen Guilty of Rape Returns to High School Football Team
- Teacher convicted of child porn possession keeps state pension
- Student’s Defamation Lawsuit Against College in Sexual Assault Case Continues
Compare and contrast these stories.
- 6th Grade Teacher Suspended for Having Students Perform Michael Brown Death Skit
- Prof Takes Heat for Defending Ferguson Cops in Article
- George W. Bush Could Teach Something to Anti-Israel Campus Activists
- Kent State Professor Calls for Jihad on Israel, Still Has Job
The higher ed bubble grows.
- More Than Half of College Student Loans Aren’t Being Repaid on Time
- College Leaders Turn on Each Other as Higher Ed Implodes
- Quinnipiac University Raises Tuition Almost $10,000 in Six Years
- Johns Hopkins Political and Advocacy Groups Face Massive Funding Cuts
Is the tide beginning to turn?
- New Poll Suggests Pretty Much Everyone Hates Common Core
- Even Democratic Politicians are Starting to Speak Out Against Liberal Bias in Universities
- Mitch Daniels Shows a New Way at Purdue
- College Students in Alabama Challenge Campus Gun Policies
- Boston City Council Requires Colleges to Reveal Students’ Off-Campus Addresses
- Northern Illinois U. Blocks Access to Websites it Deems ‘Unethical’
- College Fraternities Now Under a Microscope
From the history department…
Some schools fear accusations of racism, others don’t.
- U. Alabama Blocks Sororities from Speaking to Media, Fearing Race War
- U. Mississippi Will Keep ‘Ole Miss’ Nickname
Keep fighting the good fight.
- Louisiana College Beats Obamacare Contraceptives Mandate
- The FIRE Provides Free Speech Resources for Students, Faculty, and Administrators
- College Republicans Win Battle With Hillary Clinton PAC