The Week in Review at College Insurrection
It was False Equivalence Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
Have you noticed that some people get away with making unfair comparisons on TV…
While other people make fair distinctions and get attacked?
Some people don’t want anyone to talk at all.
- UC-Berkeley Chancellor Says Free Speech is Bad for the Community
- North Carolina State Columnist Says Whites Shouldn’t Be Allowed to Rap
- CSU Bans Christian Group for Not Allowing Non-Christian Leaders
Luckily, some people believe in free speech.
- Butler University Removes Free Speech Zone From Demonstrations Policy
- FIRE Essay Contest for High School Students Will Award $20,000 in College Scholarships!
The anniversary of 9/11 was last week. Some students knew about it. Others didn’t.
- College Students Recognize 9/11 Nationwide
- Video: College Students Unaware of 9/11 Anniversary and ISIS Beheadings
By the way, what is going on at Notre Dame?
- Notre Dame to Pay for Abortion Drugs While Still Fighting Obamacare Mandate
- Notre Dame Program Will Ask High-School Kids to Question Their Genders
I’m noticing a trend.
- UNC Meddles in the Romantic Lives of Students While Misstating What Consent is
- Duke Application Essay asks for Details on Preferred Gender, Sexual Proclivities
- Ohio University Profs appear to glorify self-immolation as “nonviolent” protest
- Yale’s Muslim Students Criticize Buckley Program for Inviting Ayaan Hirsi Ali to Campus
- Profs Warn Students About Taking Classes in Middle Eastern Studies
This week’s history lesson is brought to you by Prager University.
Higher ed bubble update.
- One-Fourth of Kentucky State University Students Kicked Out
- History Jobs Dwindle in Higher Ed
- Maybe Sally Shouldn’t Have Gone to College
- Young Families Struggle With Student Loan Debt
Questions. Questions. Questions.
- Did Shakespeare Really Write His Plays?
- Is Beyoncé’s Birthday a Valid Reason to Miss Class?
- Are Helicopter Parents Ruining Today’s College Students?
- What’s Worse: Teen Drinking or Teen Marijuana Use?
Finally, the week in stupid news.
- Lovely: 6th Graders at Washington DC School Told to Compare George W. Bush and Hitler
- Jezebel Writer Pens Obnoxious, Profane Critique of College Student Piece on Minimum Wage
- Low Blow: University Mascot Wipes Rear End with College Republican Handouts