The Week in Review at College Insurrection
It was Permissible Hatred Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
We’re always told that colleges have to be safe places for students. Controversial topics are prefaced with “trigger warnings” and “microaggressions” are frowned on. Unless you’re a Republican student, that is.
Then there are the real crimes.
- Marquette University Suspends Conservative Prof From Campus Over Gay Marriage Flap
- Playing Southern Anthem During “Black Lives Matter” Rally Gets Cop Suspended
- Michigan State Protesters Call George Will ‘Rape Denier’
Meanwhile, over at Berkeley…
- Lynching Effigies Found on UC Berkeley Campus
- Queer Black Artist Group Takes Responsibility for Lynching Effigies Found at Berkeley
Blame it on the stupidity of the American voter.
Rape culture update.
- Ann Coulter Weighs in on the UVA Story
- The Public’s Reaction to a Man Being Raped Says Much About Rape Culture
- Rape is Plummeting in Frequency, But Campus Rape Hysteria Won’t Go Away
Senator Elizabeth Warren couldn’t be reached for comment.
Milking Ferguson on campus.
- Now Med Students are Staging #Ferguson Protests
- UCLA Students Hold Town Hall About Alleged Police Brutality and to Draft Demands
- Oberlin Prof Gives Brilliant Response to a Ferguson Related Request for Exam Delays
- UC Student Workers Union Joins the Anti-Israel BDS Movement
- Swastikas Painted on Building at Tufts University
What difference does it make?
You don’t say…
The higher ed bubble grows.
- America’s Oldest Black College on the Brink of Financial Collapse
- WSJ Finance Expert: College Kids Should Have Some “Skin in the Game”
- Report Shows Many Freshmen Have no Idea How Much Debt They’re Taking on
Doubling down on stupid.
- Georgetown Student Defends His “I deserved to be mugged” Post
- Princeton Students Start ‘Microaggressions’ Reporting Service
- University of Maine Clarifies, it is not Banning Candy Canes
- College Student Gets Kisses With Mistletoe Contraption