The Week in Review at College Insurrection
It was Goodbye 2014 Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
2014 was quite a year, wasn’t it?
- FIRE’s Speech Codes of the Year for 2014
- The Year of Sexual Assault Hysteria on Campus
- Campus Reform Looks Back at Bias on Campus in 2014
What does the future hold?
- Will 2015 be a Good Year for Due Process on Campus?
- There Won’t be any Student Athlete Unions at Public Colleges in Michigan
- College Makes Promise to Students: 37K Job or Loans Reimbursed
Some things are ending.
- Drexel U. Ending Community College Partnership and Reduced Tuition Program
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Ends Football Program
- Seven Wyoming School Districts Drop Michelle Obama’s Healthy Lunch Program
Some things are beginning.
- University in Michigan Votes to Banish Certain Words
- Harvard Law School Adopts ‘Preponderance’ Standard in Rape Cases
- Westchester Community College Goes After Students With Tuition Debt
Some things haven’t changed at all.
- Former New York Times Reporter Banned from Penn for Calling ISIS ‘the new Israel’
- Instructor at Portland State Wants to Repeal the ‘Stupid’ 2nd Amendment
- Occidental College Prof: Blame the NRA for Murder of New York Cops
Here’s a strange new thing.
There was some controversy at Brandeis this week.
- Wagons Circle Around Brandeis Student Who Said She Has no Sympathy for Dead Cops
- Brandeis Student Who Publicized Ugly Tweets About Murdered Cops Now Getting Death Threats
And the UVA story drags on.
- Newest UVA controversy: Student leaders recommend secret trials for rape cases
- Professor – It’s Time for UVA to Apologize
Religious studies update.
- Pro-life Students Attacked for Criticizing Planned Parenthood at a Catholic University
- Catholic theologians compare Eric Garner with Jesus in racial-justice manifesto
- Gospel according to English prof: Virgin Mary justifies Affirmative Consent rules
No surprises here.