The Week in Review at College Insurrection
It was Unconstitutional Expulsion Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
In the explosive case of the SAE fraternity at the University of Oklahoma, no one is defending what the students said.
But Eugene Volokh says the resulting expulsions were unconstitutional.
Of course, decisions have consequences. Students at UC Irvine found that out this week.
- UC Irvine Students Vote to Remove American Flag from Campus Lobby
- American Flag Ban Vetoed at UC Irvine
- UC Irvine Students Apologize for Banning the American Flag
Free speech continues to be an issue on campus.
- Marquette University Wins FIRE’s Speech Code of the Month
- Get the New ‘Guide to Due Process and Campus Justice’ from FIRE
- Pat Condell on Progressives and Free Speech on Campus
And the left is still active.
- Pro-Life Messages Vandalized at the University of Missouri
- The Progressive Practice of Rewriting History on Campus
- U. Wisconsin Campus Paper Filled With Anti-Scott Walker Op-eds
- LGBT Group at George Washington U. Tries to Get Conservatives Labeled as Hate Group
- Flashback: Multiple College Newspapers Called Officer Darren Wilson a Murderer
- UC Berkeley Dean: Academic Freedom Makes Students Feel Unsafe
Big news followed by bad news.
- California is Home to America’s First Accredited Islamic College
- Outspoken Anti-Israel Activist Works In Administration of New Muslim College
Check out this new history lesson from Prager University.
- Victory: Charges Dropped Against Pro-Israel Ohio U. Students
- University of California Student Association Votes to Divest From Gun Companies
The higher ed bubble continues to grow.
- Public Universities in Ohio Accrue Debt for Facilities
- Girl Gets Into Her First Choice College, Finds Out it’s Closing
- Obama Administration Creating Student Loan Complaint System
- TSU Women’s Basketball Game Ends In Bench Clearing Brawl
- Georgia’s Band Couldn’t Make It, So The Aggies Stepped In
- NCAA Penalizes Syracuse For Decade Old Violations
The Second Amendment on campus.
- Campus Carry Means Giving Guns To Rapists? That’s What These Anti-Gunners Say
- Al Jazeera Has An… Interesting Take On Campus Carry
- Campus Carry Bill Introduced In Montana