The Week in Review at College Insurrection
It was Film Studies Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
Some films are more controversial than others.
- Boston University Screens Documentary Film About Campus Rape
- University of Michigan Backtracks Plans to Cancel Showing of American Sniper
Just working in video production can get you into trouble.
- Barry University Student Suspended for Working With James O’Keefe
- Barry University Prof Files Charges Against Student Who Worked With James O’Keefe
Sometimes you get your big break in television.
Whatever you do, don’t go into music journalism.
- Rolling Stone Gang Rape Article Was “Journalistic Failure”
- Did UVA Learn Anything From the Rolling Stone Story?
- UVA’s Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity to Sue Rolling Stone
Speaking of journalism…
- Rutgers Prof Trashes Religious Conservatives in Column
- Student Government Yanks Paper’s Funding Over April Fools’ Edition
- Buffalo State Student Government Reverses Freeze of Newspaper’s Funding
Let’s move onto economics.
The laws of economics are coming soon to a college near you.
- Budget Cuts Planned at George Washington University
- Colorado Based Jones International University Closing
- 84 Staff Positions Cut at Howard University
Here are some alternatives to paying too much for college.
- American Students Travel to Germany for Free College
- Want to Get Paid to go to College? Study Shipbuilding!
- Stanford Will Give Free Tuition to Families Making less than $125,000
There sure are a lot of demands going around, lately.
- Barnard Students Demand ‘More Diverse’ First Year Requirements
- Mandatory ‘Cultural Competency Training’ Demanded by Students at Binghamton
- 3,000 University of Florida Admits Later Find Out Their Admission Was Online Only
- Auburn University Publishes 370,000 Current and Former Students’ Data on Website
- Texas State University Accidentally Sends 450 Acceptance Pamphlets
- Virginia Students Locked Out of Tuition Hike Meeting
- Columbia Students Not Allowed to Discuss Content of Amal Clooney’s Class
- ‘Advocates’ Block Campus Reform From Speaking to College Students
Liberal bias? What liberal bias?
- “I can’t have you participate in class anymore.”
- Profs: Acknowledging Your Male Privilege Not Good Enough
This sounds good to me.