The Week in Review at College Insurrection
It was Janitorial Studies Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
There’s no shame in being a janitor; it’s a hard job. If these students waste their college years on protests, they might find that out firsthand.
- Tufts Students Stage Hunger Strike Over Cuts to Janitorial Staff
- Tufts University Students on Hunger Strike Upset With University Response
If that happens, privilege will be the least of their worries.
It was an interesting week at the University of Mary Washington.
- U. Mary Washington Students Arrested for Refusing to Vacate Building After Divestment Protest
- University of Mary Washington Feminist Group Accuses College of Not Acting on Threats
This was also a big story.
- Prof Allegedly Denounced Christianity in Humanities Class
- College Stands by Prof Accused of Denouncing Christianity
Campus leftists were busy, as usual.
- Vanderbilt Prof: White Privilege to Blame for Baltimore Riots
- College students in Massachusetts Hold March for Undocumented Students
- University of Washington Event – Learn How to Become an Abortion Activist
Politics on campus.
- Bernie Sanders Proposes Free College Tuition Plan
- New Harvard Poll is Bad News for Democrats
- Republicans and Conservatives Are Making Change Happen in Higher Education
And now, a history lesson.
This week’s crime blotter.
- University of Toledo Put on Alert but Finds no Gunman
- Police Say University of South Carolina Student Put Window Cleaner in Roommates’ Food
- Bomb Threat at Clayton State University Causes Evacuation
Charlie Hebdo is still an issue.
- Queen’s University Reverses Decision, ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Conference Will Convene After All
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Controversy Hits University of Minnesota
The higher ed bubble grows.
- Howard University Asks Alumni to Pay Debt for Current Students
- Standard & Poor’s Gives Negative Credit Ratings to Five Louisiana Higher Ed Institutions
- More Bankruptcy Lawsuits Occurring from College Tuition
BDS at Bowdoin.
- Bowdoin College Israel Boycott Referendum Crushed
- Professor Jacobson Talks Bowdoin: Anti-Israel Boycotters Miss a Teachable Moment
What’s in a name?
- University of North Dakota Searching For a New Nickname
- University of Akron May Change Name to Ohio Polytechnic Institute
Water is wet.
Sure it is.