The Week in Review at College Insurrection
It was Murals and Mattresses Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
A shocking story from Marquette University made headlines this week.
- Marquette University Honors Cop Killer With Mural
- Public Outrage Causes Marquette University to Remove Mural of Cop Killer
- Marquette Fires Official Who Greenlit Cop-Killer Mural
The other story that dominated the news was the ‘Mattress Girl’ of Columbia.
- Mattress Girl Brings Mattress to Columbia University Graduation
- Posters Appear Around Columbia Calling Mattress Girl Emma Sulkowicz ‘Pretty Little Liar’
- Columbia ‘Mattress Girl’ saga continues as another allegation is toast
There was no shortage of leftism in other corners of academia this week.
- College Diversity Officer Could be Fired for Tweeting ‘Kill all White Men’
- Arizona State Students Say ‘Walk Only’ Zones Are Ableist
- Bill Nye Gets $35K to Talk to Rutgers Students About Global Warming
There was also a strange incident at Kennesaw State.
- Kennesaw State Student Accused of Harassment While Waiting for an Advisor
- Kennesaw State Adviser Who Accused Student of Harassment Placed on Leave
No surprises here.
- Bernie Sanders Introduces Free College Tuition Bill
- Bernie Sanders’ Free College Tuition Plan Won’t Work
Since we have an election coming up…
Compare and contrast.
- Washington Post Says Conservatives Give Better Commencement Speeches Than Liberals
- Did Pres. G. W. Bush Give the Best Commencement Speech Ever?
I’m in the wrong business.
- Former Yale President Gets $8.5 Million Payout
- Smallest Ivy League School’s Current and Former Leaders Make Big Money
Watch out for those wacky professors.
- Prof’s Workshop Taught in High Schools Teaches Students to Support Hamas
- Northeastern Prof Worried That Tsarnaev Execution Will Be Expensive
- U. Texas at Austin Prof Says Americans are ‘Unable to Handle Gun Ownership’
Higher ed bubble update.
- Ohio State’s Largest College Has $10 Million Budget Gap
- Entire Class Drops Out of University of Southern California MFA Program
- Grim Job Prospects Await the Class of 2015
Who needs the Ivy League?
- Columbia Student Complains About Going to An Ivy League School
- Student Accepted to All Ivy League Schools Chooses University of Alabama
No one was surprised but them.