The Week in Review at College Insurrection
It was Tyranny and T-Shirts Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
Academia may have lost its sense of humor but we still have freedom of speech.
Then again, maybe we don’t have free speech.
- Prof Who Criticized Hamas is Vilified by His University
- Crazy Speech Codes are all the Rage at the University of California
- Campus Speech Codes Causing Political Disengagement Among Some Millennials
The Charleston shooting was in higher education news this week.
- Report Says Dylann Roof Planned to Attack a College
- Employees of Two Colleges Among Those Killed in Charleston Attack
- U. of Texas Considers Removing Vandalized Statues of Confederate Generals
And it produced the hottest of hot takes.
- U. Michigan Prof Blames ‘Right Wing Jews’ for Charleston Shooting
- U. Maryland Prof Blames “American Sniper” for Charleston Shooting
- Prof Suggests Charleston Killer Won’t be Called a Terrorist Because He’s White
Here’s an update from the Gender Studies department.
- Women’s Studies Prof Calls for ‘Men Control’
- Student Recruited for Harvard Women’s Swim Team Changes Gender
- Indian Law School Uses ‘Mx’ For Students Who Don’t Identify as ‘Mr.’ or ‘Ms.’
And now, a lesson in finance.
Higher ed bubble update.
- Universities Across Alabama Raising Tuition
- Students Try to Save Small Massachusetts College From Closure
- Green River College Faculty Union Embroiled in Bitter Battle Over Budget Cuts
One college might have escaped.
- Sweet Briar Saved as Settlement is Reached
- Sweet Briar College Lives to Educate Another Day
- Loyal Alumni Make it Difficult for Colleges to Close
Compare and contrast.
- Either the College Board is Lying or the SAT is 30 Percent Too Long
- After Administering the Test with Bad Instructions, College Board Will Offer SAT for Free
All leftism, all the time.
- Columbia University Divests From Prisons
- Outstanding California Teacher Suspended for Reading Huck Finn Aloud in Class
- Some Marquette Faculty Members Protest Covering of Banner Dedicated to Cop Killer
Did you know you can do this without paying $60,000 per year in tuition?