The Week in Review at College Insurrection
It was Pronoun Problems Week at College Insurrection.
Cross posted at Legal Insurrection…
With all the problems facing higher education right now, why are pronouns such a hot issue?
- Gender Neutral Pronouns Come to Harvard
- U. of Tennessee Knoxville Wants Everyone Using ‘Gender Inclusive’ Pronouns
- Watch College Students React to Strange New Gender Pronouns
Pronouns aren’t the only troubling words.
- Washington State Students Told Not to Use Terms ‘Illegal Alien, Male and Female’
- Washington State Disavows Syllabus Which Bans Certain Words
- North Carolina State Women’s Studies Class Doesn’t Allow the Word ‘Mankind’
Statues are apparently also a big problem.
- Jefferson Davis Statue Removed From the University of Texas
- Stanford’s “Angel of Grief” Statue Vandalized as Arm is Cut Off
There is some push back.
- Students Boo Mandatory Diversity Class at University of Oklahoma
- Higher Education is No Place for Group Think
This week’s lesson from Prager University seems especially appropriate.
Some schools are having legal issues.
- Woman Sues Oregon State for Alleged Sex Assault Over Fifteen Years Ago
- Columbia in the Hot Seat Over Lawsuit From Student Accused by Mattress Girl
- Former Colgate University Student Sues After Being Expelled Due to Sex Misconduct Case
Compare and contrast.
- You Can Now Take a Course in Selfies at Indiana U. Northwest
- Increasing Number of College Students Are Using Marijuana Daily
Reminder: Higher education is controlled by liberals.
- Federal Reserve Study: College Degrees for Minorities No Guarantee of Raising Income
- SAT Scores Drop and Racial Gap Persists
The future is here.
- University in Maryland is Doing Away With Textbooks
- Harvard Business School Launches Virtual Classroom
When life gives you lemons…
He’ll probably fit right in.